YORK COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Full Time Assistant District Attorney Position
The York County District Attorney’s Office is accepting applications for a full time Assistant District Attorney position. Eligible candidates must have a Juris Doctorate degree, be a licensed attorney in good standing with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and pass a background investigation. The starting salary is $58,000.00 plus benefits. Please email your resume, references and a writing sample directly to: email@example.com.
LYCOMING COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
DEPARTMENT: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISOR: ERIC LINHARDT, DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SALARY: $52,250.56 ANNUALLY – PER UNION CONTRACT
OPENING DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Individual performs legal functions for the County through the office of the District Attorney.
Responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony criminal caseload from preliminary hearing through trial and appeal.
- Prepares and argues motions and appeals in the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts.
- Works closely with law enforcement in the preparation and prosecution of cases.
- Advises and counsels civilian and police witnesses, and victims in preparation for trial or pre-trial hearings.
- Responsible position which requires a great deal of independent judgement.
There is a slight potential for danger due to clientele.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
Good knowledge of criminal law and procedure required
- Ability to speak and write effectively and present clear and logical arguments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to establish sense of trust and confidence
- Tact, good judgement
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
Graduate of a recognized college or university and from an accredited law school.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screening, as required by Lycoming County.
- Licensed to practice law before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter the Lycoming County District Attorney, Eric R. Linhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to the Office of District Attorney, 48 West Third Street, Williamsport, Pa 17701.