CUMBERLAND COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office is hiring a prosecutor with specialized training and experience in Sexual Assault and Child Abuse cases. This prosecutor will serve on Cumberland County’s Multidisciplinary Investigative Team and serve on the STOP task force. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please contact Michelle Sibert at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 240-6220.
BLAIR COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Blair County Assistant District Attorney position in general prosecution, handling all aspects of criminal prosecution including but not limited to, summary appeals, preliminary hearings, court proceedings, trial and appellate work. Starting at $35,000.00 compensation and benefits with experience.
Please submit resumes to:
First Assistant District Attorney Peter J. Weeka
Blair County District Attorney’s Office
423 Allegheny St., Ste. 421
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SALARY: $48,000 ANNUALLY – PER UNION CONTRACT
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2
The Northumberland County District Attorney’s Office is accepting applications for two (2) full time Assistant District Attorney positions. Individuals will perform legal functions for the County through the office of the District Attorney.
- Responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony criminal caseload from preliminary hearing through trial and appeal.
- Prepares and argues motions and appeals in the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts.
- Works closely with law enforcement in the preparation and prosecution of cases.
- Advises and counsels civilian and police witnesses, and victims in preparation for trial or pre-trial hearings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of criminal law and procedure required
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Ability to present clear and logical arguments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Skill in persuasive communications; time management; attention to detail and record keeping.
- Experience in prosecuting cases in a Court of law preferred
- Ability to research large amounts of technical material in an efficient manner; ability to worker under time constraints; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using a highly technical language; to work effectively with uncooperative parties; and to work with confidential information
- Graduate of a recognized college or university and from an accredited law school.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screening, as required by Northumberland County.
- Licensed to practice law before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Interested applicants should send resume, writing sample, and cover letter by email to Diane Scheller, Diane.Scheller@norrycopa.net, or by mail to the Office of District Attorney, 201 Market Street, Sunbury PA 17801