Berks County Assistant District Attorney
Berks County has a vacancy in the District Attorney’s Office for an Assistant District Attorney. This position will assist the District Attorney’s Office with the prosecution of criminal matters including, but not limited to, summary appeals, preliminary hearings, trials, and other court proceedings including appeals.
- Represent the Commonwealth at preliminary hearings by evaluating charges, interviewing witnesses, and presenting testimony and legal argument to the Court.
- Handle individual Court of Common Pleas caseload from initial assignment through trial, sentencing or final disposition, as well as all pretrial issues, including but not limited to plea negotiations, hearings on pretrial issues, bail hearings, bench warrants, and miscellaneous petitions.
- Handle other miscellaneous tasks within the scope of the duties of the District Attorney as assigned.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in Pennsylvania.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Salary: Varies with experience level. Starting salary with no experience is $59,000 with a full package of excellent benefits.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
John T. Adams, District Attorney
Berks County District Attorney’s Office
Berks County Services Center
633 Court Street, 5th Floor
Reading, PA 19601
Email: Janell Shepler (email@example.com)