Clinton County Assistant District Attorney-Part Time
Job Title: Part-Time Assistant District Attorney
Department: District Attorney
Position Reports to: District Attorney
Grade Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Part-Time
Bargaining Unit Status: Non-Bargaining
Date: April 28, 2021
Summary: Individual will perform legal functions for the County through the office of the District Attorney.
Essential Functions: The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony criminal caseload from preliminary hearing through trial and appeal.
- Prepares and argues motions and appeals in the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts.
- Works closely with law enforcement in the preparation and prosecution of cases.
- Advises and counsels civilian and police witnesses, and victims in preparation for trial or pre-trial hearings.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Performs other related functions as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Knowledge of criminal law and procedure required.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to present clear and logical arguments.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in persuasive communications; time management; attention to detail and record keeping.
- Ability to research large amounts of technical material in an efficient manner; ability to work under time constraints.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using a highly technical language.
- Ability to work effectively with uncooperative parties; and to work with confidential information.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a recognized college or university and from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.\
- Experience in prosecuting cases in a Court of law preferred.
Additional Job Requirements: Valid driver’s license, satisfactory pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Expectations of Employee: In completing the duties and responsibilities of the position, the District Attorney expects the employee will adhere to all court policies, guidelines, practices and procedures; act as a role model both inside and outside the Court; perform duties as workload necessitates in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and be conscientious about meeting department productivity standards; and communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
At-Will-Employment: The Part-Time Assistant District Attorney is an at-will employee and serves at the pleasure of the District Attorney. The District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, national original, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resource Administrator to the extent that it does not constitute an undue hardship to the County.
Please mail resumes to:
Hon. David A. Strouse
Clinton County Courthouse
230 East Water Street, Suite 104
Lock Haven, PA 17745