Greene County Assistant District Attorney
POSITION: Assistant District Attorney
LOCATION: Greene County Courthouse
HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch), Other hours as needed
SALARY: Range $49,155.05 – $54,328.92 (MG Pay Grade 11, exempt)
BENEFITS: Full County Benefits after 90 days probationary period
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
To prepare cases and to prosecute those persons who are alleged to have violated the law in the County of Greene.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Presents criminal cases before judges and juries.
- Prepares and conducts pretrial and post-trial proceedings, including appeals
- Assists with and/or approves police charging decisions.
- Reviews and signs criminal information.
- Processes police inquiries in and out of the office.
- Responds to requests for investigation of crime scenes.
- Approves/denies cases for Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program.
- Assists and advises Victim Witness personnel.
- Maintains frequent contact with witnesses, victims, police departments, court personnel, probation department, defense attorneys and sheriff’s department.
OTHER DUTIES OF JOB:
- Provides community prosecution outreach to municipal police departments.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Receives occasional instructions and limited supervision from Chief Deputy District Attorney in regard to daily work duties.
- Works indoors with adequate office space, lighting, ventilation and temperatures.
- Works with average indoor exposure to noise and stress, but subject to frequent disruptions.
- Normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt.
- Periodically called to crime scenes after schedule work hours.
- Must possess ability to record, convey and present information, explain procedures and follow instructions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing and walking and occasional periods of bending, twisting, stooping, reaching as necessary to carry out essential job duties.
- Dexterity requirements range from coordinated movements of fingers/hands for typewriter and computer, to simple dexterity of feet/legs/torso as necessary to carry out job duties.
- Sedentary work, with occasional lifting/carrying of objects with a maximum weight of twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stresses of the position.
- Must be able to move frequently throughout the work day as needed to carry out essential job duties.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work.
A. EDUCATION/TRAINING: Juris Doctorate degree, licensed and admitted to Pennsylvania Bar Association.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE: None required, but internship or similar experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to comprehend and speak the English language in an understandable manner in order to carry out essential functions of job.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with public, co-workers and others.
- Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to client information and records.
- Must possess the technical knowledge of operating personal computers and other office equipment with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Must possess knowledge and ability to effectively and adequately represent a variety of clients in various criminal and civil cases.
- Must possess ability to understand and interpret constitutional provisions, statues, administrative regulations and precedents and procedures.
- Must possess ability to analyze facts, evidence and precedents and arrive at logical interpretation.
- Must possess ability to set forth finding of acts ad conclusions in written legal form.
- Must possess ability to effectively coordinate individual cases
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates should send a letter of intent and current resume to Human Resources, County Office Building, 93 East High Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370.
External candidates should apply online at www.co.greene.pa.us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
The County of Greene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.