Lackawanna County Assistant District Attorney-Full Time
Assistant District Attorney performs a variety of duties associated with prosecuting criminal cases. The selected candidate cannot maintain a private practice.
- Works with law enforcement agencies as well as county detectives to investigate criminal activity.
- Assists with cross system collaboration and aid with real time data collection by being present at crime scenes.
- Disseminates information concerning crime prevention in the community.
- Investigates and prosecutes criminal cases in the District Attorney’s Office as directed.
- Participates in community intervention and crime prevention programs throughout the county
- Works with various functional units in the District Attorney’s Office to develop strategies to reduce crime in the county.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong foundation with Pa Rules of Evidence.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Pa.
- Must have physical stamina to assist in crime scene investigations.
- Must be able to work different work hours/shifts.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The Lackawanna County District Attorney is an AA/EOE-M/F/V/H.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 with full county benefits.