Lackawanna County Assistant District Attorney
Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office-Scranton, Pa.
Assistant District Attorney/Full Time $45,177.00
Assistant District Attorney performs a variety of duties associated with prosecuting criminal cases.
- Works with law enforcement agencies as well as county detectives to investigate criminal activity.
- Assists with cross system collaboration and aid with real time data collection by being present at crime scenes.
- Disseminates information concerning crime prevention in the community.
- Investigates and prosecutes criminal cases in the District Attorney’s Office as directed.
- Participates in community intervention and crime prevention programs throughout the county.
- Works with various functional units in the District Attorney’s Office to develop strategies to reduce crime in the county.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Strong foundation with Pa Rules of Evidence.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania by no later than 12/31/2023.
- Must have physical stamina to assist in crime scene investigations.
- Must be able to work different work hours/shifts.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This position offers full county benefits including, health insurance, dental, prescription, vision, life and membership in the county’s pension system.
The Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office is an AA/EOE.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.