Lehigh County Assistant District Attorney
This office is looking for energetic, hard-working candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences with a commitment to public service and teamwork.
MISSION: The District Attorney’s Office is committed to seeking justice for victims of crime, and fairly and efficiently prosecuting individuals charged with committing felonies and misdemeanors in Lehigh County. This Office works closely with all police departments and law enforcement officials in the county to support investigations as well as crime-fighting and public safety initiatives. We also strive to innovate and anticipate future needs of the community and law enforcement personnel in order to fulfill our mission and duty to the community.
- Work closely with law enforcement, victim service agencies and other community groups throughout the county.
- Collaborate with local law enforcement in investigations and charging decisions pre-arrest.
- Approve search warrants and criminal complaints
- Represent the Commonwealth at preliminary hearings before Magisterial District Justices.
- Represent the Commonwealth at juvenile delinquency proceedings before Masters and in the Court of Common Pleas.
- Manage an individual Court of Common Pleas caseload from initial assignment through trial, sentencing or final disposition, as well as all pretrial issues; including but not limited to plea negotiations, hearings on pretrial issues, bail hearings, bench warrants, and miscellaneous petitions.
- Handle other miscellaneous tasks within the scope of the duties of the District Attorney as assigned, including Post-Conviction Relief Act petitions and Appeals
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in Pennsylvania.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- $70,000 – $76,000 with a full package of excellent benefits.
- Varies with experience level.
Submit cover letter and resume to Chief Deputy District Attorney Heather F. Gallagher at email@example.com.
Lehigh County Office of the District Attorney
455 W. Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101