Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association Business Manager
The Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association is seeking a highly motivated Business Manager to join their team. The Business Manager is responsible for drafting grants and applying for grant funding annually from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and other relevant funding entities. The Business Manager will be required to oversee the compliance of all state and federal regulations pertaining to grant funding and prepare and submit project modifications and quarterly grant reports. On an ongoing basis, the Business Manager is also responsible for administrative office tasks including monitoring incoming training monies, managing consultant contracts, employee timekeeping, managing building maintenance, tracking business expenditures and preparing checks.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to work on important projects that help Pennsylvania’s prosecutors and other law enforcement. The successful applicant must be proficient in the use of Quickbooks, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat. The ideal applicant will also have experience utilizing PCCD’s Egrants system, have a background in office administration and be able to quickly learn and execute the varying job tasks with confidence.
This is an in-person position located in Harrisburg, PA.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements (range $57,000- $65,000) to Chief Operating Officer Allison Hrestak at email@example.com.
A complete list of job responsibilities can be found below:
- maintain all grant files, relevant correspondence and consultant contract
- draft consultant contracts for review and approval
- allocate internal office expenses (e.g. phone, postage, and copiers, etc) to the appropriate grant or organization
- invoice staff for any personal expenses
- gather and review budget information for grant applications and make recommendations or adjustments where necessary
- prepare and submit all grant applications, project modifications and quarterly program reports
- review, approve and process all consultant expenses and fees for payment
- serve as primary liaison to address Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute (PDAI) consultants’ concerns and questions
- oversee the compliance of all state and federal regulations pertaining to grant funding
- contact Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) staff or staff of the respective granting entity (e.g. U.S. Attorney, PennDOT, DOJ, etc.) when necessary
- edit various correspondence and informational materials including letters to members, information requests
- attend PDAI sponsored trainings and PDAA conferences on an as needed basis including all Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor trainings
- reconcile spreadsheets to the general ledger accounts and make appropriate adjustments
- meet with vendors regarding the purchase of new office equipment eg. copiers, postage meter, etc.
- serve as the primary staff contact for issues pertaining to PDAI grants
- prepare all check requests for weekly payments
- obtain approval on all requests prior to issuance of checks
- review consultant invoices and process monthly payments
- review and process all accounts payable and accounts receivable using QuickBooks computer accounting program
- allocate expenses for each check to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- review records at year-end to determine which vendors require a 1099, obtain Staff Accountant approval, and process 1099’s
- contact and resolve any issues with vendors regarding discrepancies
- review training registration spreadsheets and prepare invoices for all unpaid fees
- assist Staff Accountant on as needed basis
- prepare payroll in the absence of Staff Accountant
- collect, review, calculate, verify and approve biweekly time sheet allocations for staff
- maintain database for vacation, sick time and personal time for PDAA/PDAI staff
- work with Training/Services Coordinator to ensure that office supplies and/or equipment are purchased as necessary
- maintain petty cash account
- coordinate office equipment maintenance and repair
- coordinate and manage all building repairs and maintenance
- maintain and coordinate physical plant issues, i.e., building repair and maintenance and obtain estimates for presentation for approval of same
- work with Director of Training and Membership Services on logistics for and administration of Mid-Winter and Summer Meetings
- handle all vendor/exhibitor business for Mid-Winter and Summer Meetings, including contracts, invoices, etc.
- review with Director of Training and Membership Services master bill charges after Mid-Winter and Summer Meetings and issue payment of charges attend and take minutes of all Business meetings