Washington County Assistant District Attorney-DUIs & Specialty Courts
Salary: $72, 961.00 plus benefits
An assistant district attorney is responsible for preparing and prosecuting DUI cases from preliminary hearing to completion, which may entail a jury trial, non-jury trial, or any other non-trial disposition such as a guilty plea, diversionary program, or appeal. This position must be responsive to citizens, victims, law enforcement personnel and the policies of the District Attorney’s Office in the disposition of their cases. Additionally this position is responsible for being the ADA assigned to Specialty Courts.
Applicants for this position are required to have earned a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and hold a Pennsylvania Attorney’s License.
Criminal background check is required.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Accountabilities:
District Attorney’s Office
- Prepare and prosecute cases on the DUI trial list
- Participate in the prosecution piece of Specialty Courts
- Respond to citizens, victims and law enforcement personnel.
- Handle emergency and investigative matters from law enforcement and citizens.
- Adhere to the policies of the District Attorney’s office in the disposition of cases.
- Coordinate with other prosecution offices.
- Enforce probation and parole violations.
- Handle appellate work to include federal appeals.
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as required.
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Pennsylvania Attorney’s License.
- Must have strong analytical, research and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the law (statutes, court cases, rules and regulations).
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have a professional and competent attitude, demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Twelve hours of continuing legal education is required annually.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle is required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to write clearly and concisely under tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of court policy.
- Knowledge or ability to learn about Washington County policies and procedures.
- Sufficient knowledge of law to work on cases independently.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgement.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and carry tasks to completion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Basic Word skills
- Basic Outlook skills (Calendar and Email)
- Basic Internet research skills
- Westlaw (legal research) skills
- Court Management System skills
Please email all applications to First Assistant District Attorney Leslie Ridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.