Dauphin County Assistant District Attorney
Dauphin County has a vacancy in the District Attorney’s office for a Deputy District Attorney. This position will assist the District Attorney’s Office with the prosecution of criminal matters including but not limited to, summary appeals, preliminary hearings, trials, and other court proceedings.
- Represent the Commonwealth at preliminary hearings by evaluating charges, interviewing witnesses, and presenting testimony and legal argument to the Court.
- Handle individual Court of Common Pleas caseload from initial assignment through trial, sentencing, or final disposition; as well as all pretrial issues, including but not limited to plea negotiations, hearings on pretrial issues, bail hearings, bench warrants, and miscellaneous petitions.
- Handle other miscellaneous tasks within the scope of the duties of the District Attorney as assigned.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in PA.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Some prior legal experience desired, but not required.
Salary: Varies with experience level.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
c/o Michael A. Sprow
Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office
101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101