LYCOMING COUNTY TRIAL DEPUTY PROSECUTOR
DEPARTMENT: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISOR: KENNETH OSOKOW, DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SALARY: $52,250.56 ANNUALLY – PER UNION CONTRACT
OPENING DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Individual performs legal functions for the County through the office of the District Attorney.
Responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony criminal caseload from preliminary hearing through trial and appeal.
- Prepares and argues motions and appeals in the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts.
- Works closely with law enforcement in the preparation and prosecution of cases.
- Advises and counsels civilian and police witnesses, and victims in preparation for trial or pre-trial hearings.
- Responsible position which requires a great deal of independent judgement.
There is a slight potential for danger due to clientele.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
Good knowledge of criminal law and procedure required
- Ability to speak and write effectively and present clear and logical arguments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to establish sense of trust and confidence
- Tact, good judgement
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
Graduate of a recognized college or university and from an accredited law school.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screening, as required by Lycoming County.
- Licensed to practice law before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter the Lycoming County District Attorney, Kenneth Osokow at MWade@lyco.org, or by mail to the Office of District Attorney, 48 West Third Street, Williamsport, Pa 17701.
YORK COUNTY TRIAL DEPUTY PROSECUTOR
Trial Teams are one of the two primary categories of prosecution unit in the District Attorney’s Office, and Trial Deputy Prosecutors are the first-line attorneys charged with completing the mission of those teams. First and foremost, a Trial Deputy is in fact a trial attorney, and as such must possess superior analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, a thorough comprehension of the current state of the law, and a commanding persona in the courtroom…
PDAA TRAFFIC SAFETY RESOURCE PROSECUTOR
PDAA is now hiring for the position of Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor (TSRP). The full job description is available here. This position is full-time and is based at PDAA HQ in Harrisburg. Points of emphasis for the position include the following:
- Prosecutorial experience that includes traffic safety/DUI-related experience;
- Training development and presentation experience;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Statewide (frequent) and nationwide (infrequent) travel;
- Ability and willingness to handle administrative duties;
- Willingness to provide in-court support to counties.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to PDAA’s Patty Blascovich at email@example.com by Friday, April 5, 2019.
BLAIR COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
Blair County Assistant District Attorney position in general prosecution, handling all aspects of criminal prosecution including but not limited to, summary appeals, preliminary hearings, court proceedings, trial and appellate work. Starting at $35,000.00 compensation and benefits.
Prerequisites: Graduation of an ABA accredited law school and from a recognized college or university; licensed to practice law before the Court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Submit resume to:
First Assistant District Attorney Peter Weeks
Blair County District Attorney’s Office
423 Allegheny St., Ste. 421
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
BERKS COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
The Berks County District Attorney’s Office has an opening for an Assistant District Attorney. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
District Attorney John T. Adams
Berks County District Attorney’s Office
Berks County Services Center|
633 Court Street, 5th Floor
Reading, PA 19601
PIKE COUNTY ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
The Pike County District Attorney’s Office has an open full-time Assistant District Attorney position. The duties of an Assistant District Attorney are the representing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the prosecution of criminal cases. The duties include presenting evidence and legal argument at preliminary hearings, pre-trial hearings, juvenile proceedings and jury trials. The duties also include appellate advocacy including appearances before the appellate courts of the Commonwealth. This is an appointed position and serves at the discretion of the District Attorney. The person must be a licensed attorney and be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test. Salary as set by the Pike County Salary Board expected to be $45,000.00. Position includes Pike County Employee benefits including health benefits and participation in County pension plan. The County of Pike does not discriminate based upon gender, race, creed or color.
To apply, send resume to:
Pike County District Attorney’s Office
506 Broad Street
Milford, PA 18337
or by email to: