Lycoming County Assistant District Attorney
DEPARTMENT: DISTRICT ATTORNEY
SUPERVISORS: DISTRICT ATTORNEY, Ryan C. Gardner, and First Assistant, Martin L. Wade
SALARY: UNION CONTRACT
OPENING DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Individual performs legal functions for the County through the office of the District Attorney.
Responsible for the prosecution of misdemeanor and felony criminal caseload from preliminary hearing through trial and appeal at the direction of the District Attorney and First Assistant.
- Prepares and argues motions and appeals in the Court of Common Pleas and Appellate Courts.
- Works closely with law enforcement, the District Attorney and First Assistant in the preparation and prosecution of cases.
- Advises and counsels civilian and police witnesses, and victims in preparation for trial or pre-trial hearings.
- Position requires a great deal of independent judgement.
Office, courthouse and some travel to MDJ Offices. Attorney will be in close proximity to criminal defendants with other law enforcement present.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
Good knowledge of criminal law and procedure required
- Ability to receive instruction, guidance and constructive criticism from the District Attorney and First Assistant
- Ability to speak and write effectively and present clear and logical arguments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, LEA, and Supervising Attorney(s)
- Ability to establish sense of trust and confidence with the court, other ADA’s, law enforcement, victims, the District Attorney and First Assistant
- Tact, good judgement
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
Graduate of a recognized college or university and from an accredited law school.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screening, as required by Lycoming County.
- Licensed to practice law before the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Two years of litigation experience, preferably in the area of prosecution and/or criminal defense.
- Must be able to produce a minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation upon request.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter via email to the Lycoming County District Attorney, Ryan C. Gardner, at Ldimassimo@lyco.org