Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association Membership Login
McKean County Assistant District Attorney
McKean County has a vacancy in the District Attorney’s office for an Assistant District Attorney. This position will assist the District Attorney’s Office with prosecution of criminal matters including case preparation, management and resolution functions.
SALARY: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for and handle hearings including preliminary hearings, pretrial hearings, trials and any other type of hearing at with a representative from the Commonwealth must appear when assigned to do so by the District Attorney.
- Prepare and file briefs, motions and other legal documents with the Court, as well as appellate courts when assigned.
- Communicate with local law enforcement-during business and non-business hours.
- Respond to crime scenes and unattended death scenes throughout the County when required.
- Communicate with defense attorneys.
- Perform any other case preparation, management and resolution functions as assigned by the District Attorney.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Member of Pennsylvania Bar and in good standing.
- Some prior legal experience desired, but not required. Prior criminal law experience preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS – UNUSUAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Keep up-to-date with ever changing status of the law, including new statutory enactments/revisions and case law. This includes extensive continuing education and training to keep current regarding all aspects and current rulings in criminal law.
- Be on-call when requested to respond to questions of law enforcement personnel and/or to go to crime scenes and assist with investigations.
- Be able to effectively work with and be in contact with many members of government and the public.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
3 days ago
Montgomery County DA's office was part of an investigation that has resulted in the return of 50 stolen items to 16… https://t.co/hUnPcgyPhL