Tioga County Assistant District Attorney
Assistant District Attorney Tioga County currently has a full-time with benefits vacancy for an Assistant District Attorney in the District Attorney’s office. The position is a non-union position. A complete detailed job description is available upon request. To apply for this position please visit our website, www.tiogacountypa.us. Select Human Resources from the department options and then to apply online, select the online application form. If you would rather submit a paper application, they are also available to print from the website or you may pick them up in person at the Courthouse lobby. Please return completed applications to Human Resources at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. For further information contact the Human Resources office at (570)723-8204.
An Assistant District Attorney (ADA) is responsible for representing the Commonwealth’s position and interest when individuals are charged with committing a criminal act. Involvement in the cases assigned to the ADA begins with the initial stages of the investigation and continues through all stages of the investigation, charging and prosecution, up to and including the sentencing and any post-sentence motions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a graduate of an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Must have a license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and be in good standing with the State and local Bar associations.
- Must have basic knowledge of criminal law, procedure and rules of evidence.
- Must have knowledge of the principles and methods of legal research.
- Must have the ability to analyze facts and case precedents and present them effectively in court.
- Must be able to conduct self in a professional manner and develop and maintain good working relationships with visitors, clients, co-workers, attorneys, judges and County officials.
- Must be proficient at legal research, provide necessary training in his/her designated specialty, and be able to communicate effectively and work closely with all support staff and detectives within the office.
To Be Determined by Salary Board HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Posting dates: January 3, 2024 – January 17, 2024
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer